[XviD-devel] XVID profiling

Christoph Lampert chl at math.uni-bonn.de
Sun Mar 2 11:39:52 CET 2003

Hi Radek,

On Sun, 2 Mar 2003, Radoslaw wrote:
> BTW, Christoph, could you confirm that your tests (no bframes part)
> were partially with INTER4V enabled and partially with disabled? sad16
> is never called with inter4v enabled (and lumimasking disabled).
> sad16v is never called with INTER4V disabled.
> If it is, something is wrong.

Hm, no, inter4v should have been enabled in both cases: The setting I used
were the hardcoded quality 5 and 6 in xvid_encraw.

Q5 is

PMV_EARLYSTOP16 | PMV_HALFPELREFINE16 | PMV_EARLYSTOP8 | PMV_HALFPELREFINE8,
XVID_H263QUANT | XVID_HALFPEL | XVID_INTER4V

Q6 is

PMV_EARLYSTOP16 | PMV_HALFPELREFINE16 | PMV_EXTSEARCH16 |
	PMV_USESQUARES16 | PMV_EARLYSTOP8 | PMV_HALFPELREFINE8 |
	PMV_QUARTERPELREFINE16 | PMV_QUARTERPELREFINE8
XVID_H263QUANT | XVID_HALFPEL | XVID_QUARTERPEL | XVID_INTER4V