[XviD-devel] OS X build is broken (0.9.1)

Ben Hines bhines at alumni.ucsd.edu
Wed Mar 26 23:26:23 CET 2003

The dylib on OS X does not get built properly. it does not have an
install_name or proper compatibility and current versions. It also does
not install the two required library symbolic links, and it installs
the library with the wrong name.(probably the same on all platforms)

Have you considered switching to libtool? (it handles all this for you)

As a quick hack for my fink package I set the compat and current
versions to 1.

If you want to see what i did for fink, for building as well as my
small patch, check out:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/fink/dists/10.2/
unstable/main/finkinfo/graphics/
(scroll down to xvid at the bottom, the .info and .patch files)

thanks! good work

-Ben