[XviD-devel] yop, I've just stude (only a few hours) the xvid's code, andofref. frame. (I ignore B-Frames) In the fonction encoder_encode(...) (decoder.c), there is the line : SWAP(pEnc->current, pEnc->reference); So I thinkusethexvid_stat.c, reference frame

Nicolas Dumoulin news at bobuse.fr.st
Mon Mar 31 18:02:34 CEST 2003

yop,

I've this message on xvid.org, but this list seems to be more used ...

I've just stude (only a few hours) the xvid's code, and I've some
questions :

I would make some experiments on the choice of reference frame, in the
P-encoding mode. I would be able to choose the ref. frame. (I ignore
B-Frames)

In the fonction encoder_encode(...) (decoder.c), there is the line :
SWAP(pEnc->current, pEnc->reference);
So I think it's the place where I could intervene to encode a P-Frame
with a choosen reference frame. Is it ?

In order to could use reference frame in the next of the sequence, I
would first encode all the I-Frame, and then work with the P-Frame. I've
looked the file xvid_stat.c, and I think it's possible to modify the
main loop.

I hope that my assumptions arn't too wrong ...

Nicolas Dumoulin
France