[XviD-devel] [CVS commit] dev-api-4 -- New mbtransquant code

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Sun Mar 30 16:22:21 CEST 2003

I tested it in cvs_head, and it resulted in the exact same bitstream for
all my tests. So i commit the code into dev-api-4, but i don't commit to
cvs_head which  is used by  lot of users,  so if we  have a bug  in that
code, only devs and early dev-api-4 testers will be affected.

In  particular,  i would  point  the fact  that  old  code (cvs_head  or
dev-api-4) did  not take care of  boundaries MBs in  interlaced mode for
BVOPS. IIRC,  0.9.x suffered from a  similar bug for I/P  VOPS. Does the
standard  differ between  I/P VOPS  and  B VOPS  ? Should  i remove  the
boundary test for bframes ?

--
Edouard Gomez-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...