[XviD-devel] New Trellis Quant

Christoph Lampert chl at math.uni-bonn.de
Sun May 11 13:09:30 CEST 2003

On Sat, 10 May 2003, James Bilotto wrote:
> > That's C99. I'll change to "standard".
>
> C99 is the standard

Not for XVID.

> > > Also, what's bzero() function? I'm guessing that I can change it to
> > > memset(0...). Not part of VS either :)
> >
> > It's deprecated, memset(ptr,0,size) has the same effect, yes.
>
> bzero() should be faster

Manpage says it's deprecated, memset should be used, so that's what
I'll do.

gruel

P.S. If anyone has a few minutes to spare: We could use a

xvid_bzeroDCT(int16_t *data)

routine which set one block of DCT coefficients = 64*sizeof(int16_t) to
zero. That's the only place where we use memset anyway.

NAME
       bzero - write zeros to a byte string

SYNOPSIS
       #include <string.h>

       void bzero(void *s, size_t n);

DESCRIPTION
       The  bzero()  function  sets the first n bytes of the byte
       string s to zero.

RETURN VALUE
       The bzero() function returns no value.

CONFORMING TO
       4.3BSD.  This function is deprecated -- use memset in  new
       programs.