[XviD-devel] problem with xvid understanding

rakesh kothari rkothari_iit at rediffmail.com
Fri Oct 31 01:23:10 CET 2003

hi all,

I am new to xvid and mpeg-4. I was wondering whether it is possible with xvid to exactly know which frame is I-Frame or P-Frame.And for that matter which part of the xvid code helps us to identify them.

Also can we get to know about individual objects in a frame(object descriptors), which can be useful in getting to know whether a object is useful or not.

As far as I know Mpeg-4 codes each object in a frame. Are I-Frame consist of individual objects or multiple objects.

These questions might sound naive but still I would be very thankful if I could get answer of these.

Is there any online tutorial for MPEG-4.

Regards,
Rakesh