[XviD-devel] [RFC] Build process change for unix envs

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Sun Sep 28 16:37:09 CEST 2003

Commited a fixed, fixed, fixed version :-) Now i'm just waiting for a
win32 user feedback using cygwin/minsys.

2003-09-28 00:47:05 GMT		patch-51

    Revision:
      xvidcore--devapi4--1.0--patch-51

    Ok this one fixes the way we build the targets. The VPATH thingy really
    works with the library targets. My understanding of the VPATH mechanism
    was wrong. Now it should be ok (i promess).

    modified files:
     build/generic/Makefile

2003-09-27 11:45:18 GMT		patch-50

    Revision:
      xvidcore--devapi4--1.0--patch-50

    A pair ofdouble quotes prevented "make" to sort out the VPATH
    dependences in "=build". This resulted in compiling all the
    sources, all the time, whether a file changed or not.

    modified files:
     build/generic/Makefile

2003-09-26 22:39:44 GMT		patch-49

    Revision:
      xvidcore--devapi4--1.0--patch-49

    - Fixed MacOSX build (w/o module option). The subversion was not right
      it was just minor version though it has to be major.minor.
    - Fixed bootstrap.sh for MacOSX environment, it now looks for
      glibtoolize if libtoolize is not found.
    - The unified Makefile now builds XviD out of source tree in the directory
      =build. It's cleaner, and clashes much less w/ arch/tla source linting.
    - Tuned the tagging regexps so:
      + autoconf files are ignored (considered backup => not erased, not copied
        and not commited/imported)
      + =build is also considered backup.

    modified files:
     build/generic/Makefile build/generic/bootstrap.sh
     build/generic/configure.in build/generic/platform.inc.in
     build/generic/sources.inc examples/Makefile
     {arch}/=tagging-method

--
Edouard Gomez