[XviD-devel] Idea for encoding iframes (or images for that matter)

Ricardo Garcia rick_g22 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 8 18:12:01 CEST 2004

Jan Lucas wrote:
>BTW: What do you people think about adding extensions to XVID that
>aren't in MPEG-4?

>Adding the H.264 4x4 transform to XVID or FLT, a modified DCT
described
>in this paper <http://citeseer.ist.psu.edu/dequeiroz00fast.html> could
>be interresting. (The FLT is a modified DCT transform, with almost
>wavelet like behavior, but without the performance hit)

>						Jan

Hey, that sounds good. And looks good! (I read the article, no more
artifacts (yay!))

Altho yes, I agree with Christoph on this matter.

The result should _NOT_ be called XDiv.

So I suggest making an experimental branch, which we might call...
er.... ermm.... :( I don't know, "project junio"? (reference to proj.
mayo ^^;; ) Anyway. I think that we should start a mailing list,
webpage dunno, for XVid developers wanting to improve the algorithm. A
warning: We should make sure the algorithms we use are NOT under patent
research. I've seen MANY of those in citeseer.