[XviD-devel] Directshow filter Bug

Georgios Diamantopoulos georgiosd at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 17:38:28 CEST 2004

Hey everyone,

I am the developer of Video Quality Studio
(http://www.everwicked.com/vqstudio/) for those who have never seen my
extremely long name before :)

I ran into a bug of the XviD dshow filter that it would be great if it
was fixed. Although IMediaSeeking::GetDuration() works like a charm
when used with TIME_FORMAT_FRAME which happens on extremely rare
occasions with other filters, it seems to barf when used with
TIME_FORMAT_MEDIA_TIME.

In particular, IBasicVideo::get_AvgTimePerFrame() returns 0 when that
format is set, which is obviously wrong. I know this interface isn't
implemented by XviD so that means the value is not passed on in one of
the header exchanges done in directshow.

Please have a look, I will be grateful.

Best regards, Georgios