[XviD-devel] Xvid v's H.264/AVC

Daniel Larkin larkind at eeng.dcu.ie
Tue Jul 6 15:23:31 CEST 2004

Thanks Christoph for clarifying a number of matters.

If Xvid is a mpeg4-asp implementation does this mean that Xvid is
constrained by all the patenting issues of MPEG-4 (mpegla etc)?

I'm also curious about your comment:
> The same for
> QPel (e.g. for MPEG-2 input like DVDs it's known not to help not much, if
> at all).
Is this because the lossy compression is reducing the performance of the
interpolation process?

Regards
Daniel