[XviD-devel] Any bug left for 1.0.0 ? Then report.

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Tue May 4 11:19:57 CEST 2004

> >   Here's a minor bug -- in portab.h, it checks for ARCH_IS_PPC,
> > but doesn't also check for ARCH_IS_PPC_ALTIVEC.

As stated in my previous email, PPC is left as is for 1.0 because
it was deeply broken.

Christoph Naegeli and I decided that it would be better to develop
a new port from (nearly) scratch, and include that for 1.1 in order
to avoid interfering with 1.0 release schedule... but as you can notice,
the 1.0 schedule was a bit optimistic and the PPC port got finished
before 1.0 has been released. But i still consider PPC as not being supported
for 1.0, except if you compile the C code only (--disable-assembly iirc)

--
Edouard Gomez