[XviD-devel] [CVS commits] head -- Stable merge + decoder optims

Michael Militzer michael at xvid.org
Fri May 21 16:55:33 CEST 2004

Hi,

I suppose the 64 bit change affects timecodes (as these are the only ones
where we use 64 bit variables in the code (apart from 2pass code) afaik).
I admit I haven't looked at the actual code changes yet but I remember
there was some reason for switching to 64 bit originally. Ok, I again
assume you only _not_ use 64 bit timecodes for the calculation of B-direct
vectors (and this may be ok), but I'd like to have Christoph a look at
this because I believe he originally wrote the timecode support and also
originally introduced the 64 bit arithmetics. So he should know why he
initially did this ;-))

bye,
Michael