[XviD-devel] divx5bvop and XviD-1.x.x

Guillaume POIRIER guillaume.poirier at etudiant.univ-rennes1.fr
Mon Oct 25 14:44:25 CEST 2004

Hi,
Christoph Lampert wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Oct 2004, Michael Militzer wrote:
>
>>hu??? Afaik, the DivX compatibility mode simply forced B_VOPs to not
>>reference from future I_VOPs.
>

> Oh, sorry, that was it?
> That's  "XVID_GLOBAL_CLOSED_GOP" flag now, see xvid.h include file:

Ok, thanks a lot for your kind replies... I'm unfortunately still a bit
puzzled about what I should write about divx5bvop with XviD-1.x.x?
Should I just say that it's now called "closed_gop" and that's it?
...Or should I add that given that b-frames aren't really coded the same
way, this option allows a bitstream to be closer to DivX's, but not
completely equivalent?

Regards,
Guillaume