[XviD-devel] Altivec DCT Sample Code Found

Christoph Nägeli chn at kbw.ch
Thu Sep 2 15:22:39 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I found this sample code of a DCT written in C (and assembly) at
freescale's homepage but I got little knowledge about DCT so I have two
questions:

1. Can this algorithm be used? There's a pdf file in there which
describes the DCT used (and it says it's not strictly follow H.263,
whatever that means).
2. I don't see a license for this file, do you think I can use that
with a header like "copied from ..." or something like that?

If we could use that, it would be great because about 50% (depends on
settings) is taken by fDCT encoding a movie, so a little speedup there
would be nice.

What do you think?

The zip archive can be downloaded from:
http://www.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/app_note/AVEC_2DCOSTRANS.zip