[XviD-devel] a question... is xvid streamable?

SuperMMX supermmx at 163.com
Wed Jan 5 13:57:11 CET 2005

hi, pablo:

    actrually MPEG-4 visual itself is streamable in some sense,
but in real applications, video (coded in XviD) is stored in
some containers, such as avi, mkv, mp4 or something else.
some of them are not streamable, some are, but need extra works
to handle streaming issues.

    RFC 3016 recommends segmentation rules for MPEG-4 visual and audio,
which is very helpful.

    Good Luck.

                      SuperMMX 2005.01.05