[XviD-devel] [CVS commit] Linux amd64 preliminary support

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Fri Jan 7 15:54:54 CET 2005

Selon Guillaume POIRIER <guillaume.poirier at etudiant.univ-rennes1.fr>:
> > You can test that simply letting the configure script doing its job, and
> > then hand editing the resulting platform.inc file, changing AS+nasm to
> > AS=yasm
> >
> I guess I can do that if ever I find the time to do so. BTW, other than
> benches, do you only expect bug reports, or do I miss something?

I just wanted amd64 users to tell me if something had obviously gone through all
my testing... i can do all sort of testing, but that never replaces the real
user
experience...

eg: see the qpel bug was mostly unnoticed because the PSNR was a bit lower
(38.89dB vs usual 39.17dB) but nothing really oustanding (eg: 20dB). I just
uploaded to my box the AVI file and realized qpel was causing horrible
artifacts :-) But the upload process is so slow, 25kB/s for 15MB files...
amd64 users may find bugs way faster than I, just because it's their local
box :-)

--
Edouard Gomez