[XviD-devel] Project Idea

JP eternalsoul at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 10:10:24 CET 2005

Hi,

Im JP, student, and i was thinking of something while compressing  one
of my dvds to divx format. the cpu usage is obviously 100% all the
time and during 5hrs on my Athlon XP 2500+.. how about breaking the
dvd into chunks and distributing the load for compression over a
network and then reassembling the packets back to form the final
movie? the application would query machines on the network that are
not using their cpu fully and would seize this opportunity to
distribute the load efficiently.. the aim would be to reduce
compression time.. by splitting the movie intelligently over the
network and making the other machines other than the original machine
do the job..

does any tools like this exist? im seriously considering to develop
something like this for my bsc project if it doesnt.. what do u guys
think of that ??? any idea??
--
"Truth is sometimes a form of freedom"