[XviD-devel] Project Idea

Guillaume POIRIER guillaume.poirier at etudiant.univ-rennes1.fr
Thu Jan 27 11:43:24 CET 2005

Hi,
JP wrote:

> does any tools like this exist? im seriously considering to develop
> something like this for my bsc project if it doesnt.. what do u guys
> think of that ??? any idea??

Transcode AFAIK has such a feature, that you should be able to use
smoothly thought the GUI dvd::rip (http://www.exit1.org/dvdrip/)

Other than that, you may want to look at the following thread to build
an application to do some distributed computing thanks to MEncoder
(http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.mplayer.devel/19937).
To the best of my knowledge, the patch hasn't been sent to the ML, bu
should you send a private mail to Antoine Duchâteau, he might send you
his patch.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that AFAIK, you don't need to
integreate that king of feature directly into XviD...

Let us know how you projects turns out.

Regards,
Guillaume