[XviD-devel] XviD waterkmark?

Doom9 Feedback Hotline feedback123 at doom9.org
Mon Jul 4 22:46:18 CEST 2005

Hi

> If however someone likes to develop a dedicated XviD encoder application
> or
> wants to create a special, newbie-friendly XviD MEncoder frontend (or
> already has), I am of course open to suggestions and very willing to help
> if I can.

enhancing encraw like x264.exe has been to offer avisynth input, mp4 output
and all the xvid options might be a good idea.. and would probably be easier
than add all the options to mencoder. mencoder is lacking quite a bit when
it comes to xvid features. Perhaps you've seen that zone support was added -
I wrote that patch, but even that is incomplete when compared to what the
VfW version offers. My mencoder GUI megui will soon get a one click mode for
newbie users.. but being mencoder based, it is limited to the options
mencoder can offer. It's not drag and drop.. some intelligence by the user
should be expected.. you literally cannot have a one click app that works
for most people or it'll be one that leaves highly to be desired.. not even
mp3 audio rippers are truly one click and the complexity of audio encoding
is nothing compared to a full DVD backup.

Doom9