[XviD-devel] Regarding interlaced streams

viswanath veera vissupec at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 1 14:22:40 CET 2005

Hi  Christopher .....

       I downloaded Xvid 1.1.0 version latest Source code ....

In that, iam working on Xvid Decoder part. Iam having some encoded mpeg4 testing streams with me. All are working fine ..except interlaced streams (for example: foreman_inl.bits). For this stream the output is getting distorted.

 Iam really thankful to you if you can suggest something for this .. anyway thanks for your reply....

Thanks
Viswanath Veera

Christoph Lampert <chl at math.uni-bonn.de> wrote:
On Sun, 27 Feb 2005, viswanath veera wrote:
> I downloaded Xvid 1.1.0 version and tried with different streams. It is working nice.
>
> But for interlaced streams , the output is getting distorted.
>
> Can you please suggest me ,where the problem might be.... I badly need that ..

Hi,

the problem with interlaced material is that it is interlaced. Normal
encoding often doesn't work there. You can switch on "interlacing" mode in
XviD, then it should work.

Hi