[XviD-devel] Where to get test YUV streams?

Michael Weiss mjw at pobox.com
Wed Sep 14 01:05:47 CEST 2005

Thanks for the tip, Alexander.  I was able to use mp4creator to get
an mpeg 4 file. It wouldn't play with the linux realplayer 10 gold or
the MPEG4IP's mp4player, but it played with both Windows Realplayer
and Windows Quicktime.  The colors were totally wrong, though--in a
way that one seemed to replace another.  (1) Could this be because
the stream was called a YVU12 stream instead of a YUV12 stream?

Also the playback showed an image that didn't move as time ticked
on.  I don't know if that's the way that the YUV stream that I used
is supposed to look or not.  I would definitely like to try this
procedure with more than one YUV stream.
(2) Does anyone know where I can find more YUV streams to test with?

3) Is there anyway of validating a YUV file?  Can I view it?  i.e. If
I feed a YUV file to xvid_encraw then feed its output to xvid_decraw,
I want to make sure that what I get at the end is essentially similar
to what I started with.

Thanks so much for your help.

Mike