[xvid-devel]Xvid codec for help

rlancelot Rlancelot at sohu.com
Thu Sep 15 18:29:07 CEST 2005

Hi,members

It seems that xvid is a popular MPEG-4 visual codec and I am interesting on it.
I have read the faq on www.xvid.org and its forum,and there are some questions confusing me yet
a. what profile,level and tools does it support?In MPEG-4 visual,there are many different options for different application,from xvid FAQ sticky suggested by bond,I do not find detailed information about it yet
b. According to test report on MPEG-4 codecs provided by www.compression.ru,the xvid does have remarkable performance on PC platform.So,how will it act on DSP platform such as Ti DM642?does anyone have taken the work of porting and optiminization of it?What are the main problem we should pay attention on it?
Any advice will be helpful
Thanks in advance!