[XviD-devel] Home Theatre profile hardware compatibility

Giorgio Menaguale g.menaguale at tiscali.it
Thu Jun 1 07:30:53 CEST 2006

Files produced with VirtualDubMod and Xvid "Home Theater PAL" profile
are not reproduced on my KISS DP1000 DVD player (2.9.1 fw).
I get no video and the counter holds to "00:00:00".

I have compared files compressed with DivX and Xvid and I have found
some difference in bitstreams.

The attached files are the printout of the debugger opening a divx and
an xvid (home theater profile) compressed file.

The files produced with the attached patch works fine for my DVD
player.

I haven't found the right way to get bitrate, buffer_size and occupancy
vbv parameters from profile.

GM