[XviD-devel] Naive/newbie questions

Greg Handi notarealaccount at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 7 22:39:20 CEST 2006

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsrchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=6,449,706.PN.&OS=PN/6,449,706&RS=PN/6,449,706

>    too bad hey? :)

Interesting patent; there are funnel shift op-codes on the chip I'm
using so that does work but introduces 3 more operations per 4 bytes
(extra read + extra average + funnel shift) but at least big-endian vs.
little-endian doesn't require a byte swap. ;)  I think it is still 1/3
as many instructions in the inner loop but unfortunately introduces
extra branching...

Thanks for answering, hopefully I can be of some use to the project
some day. :)