[XviD-devel] xvid hexagonal search

wu steve wuyunsong at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 00:59:21 CET 2006

Hi, there:
 Not sure is this the place where I should put my idea.
I am read something about Hexagonal Search and tested the hexagonal search
provided by X264.
First, are there anybody who has done the work? Now I am very interested in
put hexagonal search into Xvid( two basic functions has been done). One is
simple hexagonal search; another is hexagonal search with inner group
refine.
I am trying to put Uneven-cross Multi-Hexagon-grid Search implemented in
X264 as X264_ME_UMH.
Here is the question: 1, I have not found out is there any place in Xvid
using SAD early termination?
2, Can anybody tell me where I can find it or I have to do the work?
3, I was confused by reading X264_ME_UMH provided by Xvid. They have
different classes. Where or who I can approach for the references algorithm
document?
Still new to Xvid, but getting interested. So please be kind.
Thanks.
Steve