[XviD-devel] xvid hexagonal search

Radek Czyz radoslaw at syskin.cjb.net
Sat Mar 4 03:16:25 CET 2006

Hi Steve,

For p-frames, there is no SAD early termination inside of a search
pattern, such as a diamond or square. Low SAD just prevents them from
running at all, and also makes encoder bail out from predictor list if
SAD is small enough.

For B-frames this is more complex, there are several thresholds based on
comparison of current mode's SAD vs. best SAD found so far etc.

Could you explain what do you mean in the other two questions :)

Radek