[XviD-devel] Encoding using quantizer vs bitrate

Marco Filippini marco.filippini at niscayah.it
Fri Aug 8 12:45:00 CEST 2008

Hi,

I've (almost) successfully written a wrapper for the .NET environment over
the Xvid APIs, but I've only been able to use target bitrate setting for the
unrestricted profile level and single pass encoding.

I did it learning from the xvid_encraw sample app, as most of us developer
do since documentation is really poor.

Now I'd like to choose whether to use bitrate or quantizer optimization as I
do in the Xvid Configuration app, but I don't find how to set quantizer
value for encoding.

I put it simple, I know it won't be, but I'd like to try.if someone has time
to spare and would like to help, many thanks.

Best regards,

Marco Filippini