[XviD-devel] XviD implementation in appl.

RG Nur Rahmat rgnurrahmat at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 15:09:11 CET 2008

Hi Everyone,

I am fresh beginner in XviD implementation, and I would like to ask among
experts here , how to implement XviD in my appl. My appl. is a video
conference which takes raw video from video capture and would be displayed
at remote host. And, since I could not find any documentation how to use it,
please let me annoy you guys with some questions.

I have so far able to compile libxvidcore.lib and using xvid.h in include
and xvid_encraw.h compiled a PGM file.

I have my raw data form video capture in unsigned char* pdata, and I would
like to pass it to codec, but, I don't know how.

this is my code

void SendToCodec
(unsigned char*data, long Buffer)
{
     //declaration
     int xvid_global(void *handle, int opt, void *param1, void *param2);
     int xvid_encore(void *handle, int opt, void *param1, void *param2);

    //implementation
      xvid_global(NULL, XVID_GBL_INIT ,xvid_gbl_init_t, NULL);
      xvid_encoder(NULL, XVID_ENC_CREATE,&xvid_enc_create_t, NULL);

  ...I don't know what else.. pleas help and correct me if I'm wrong
}

Regards, Ginanjar