[XviD-devel] Decoding B and P frames

Stephan Assmus superstippi at gmx.de
Tue Jul 1 11:05:59 CEST 2008

Hi Reno,

reno reballos wrote:
> if you wont mind please have me a favor? i have question regarding
> decoding of P and B frames, i am using single pass rate control of the
> encoder and this is the thing that i noticed when decoding the frames of
> B and P, the xvid_decore() function call experience a break point when i
> decode them? this scenario happens when i send video stream over the
> network i am using the xvid codec v1.1.3. what shall i do with this frame
> in order for me to decode them?

sorry, I have no expertise to help you. Hopefully someone else on this list
is more knowledgable. In my decoder (I have posted a link to the code
before), I am not doing any special handling of B and P frames, and I
believe it is the objective of the xvid library to take responsibility for
this without the application having to worry about it. I don't know whether
or not I tested my decoder with streams that contain such frames, but so
far, all xvid streams have played without problems.

Best regards,
-Stephan