[Xvid-devel] flashing icon in system tray during thumbnail extraction

Michael Militzer michael at xvid.org
Tue Jun 28 14:52:42 CEST 2011

Hi Chris,

thanks for your feedback. I didn't notice such extreme flashing / resize
behavior with the tray icon upon thumbnail creation. You are right however
that the icon serves no good purpose during thumbnail extraction.

So it would indeed be best to disable the tray icon for thumbnails
processing. But I haven't checked yet if/how thumbnail creation can be
easily distinguished from normal video playback from within the DShow
filter.

As a first and simple solution, we should definitely make the tray icon
a switchable GUI option. Will do this asap...

Best regards,
Michael