[XviD-users] wmplayer and xvid: not working after install

Canute canute2005 at hotpop.com
Wed Sep 21 13:12:36 CEST 2005

"For some reason xvid.org forums are not accepting joiners" - Because they want us to use the mailing list.

"Previously I had a divx codec installed and WMP did use that to play video I encoded with REVEL, which uses xvid" - MPEG-4 streams can be decoded using MPEG-4 decoders i.e. Xvid too can decode DivX and MS MPEG-4.

After building the codec use the ini file to install the codec or get the installation itself. I have had conflicts with DivX and Xvid earlier so I haven't used DivX after that, never needed to and never will.

To install using the ini, right-click on it and click install.

As with the last part, make sure you unistall all the MPEG-4 codecs. The video will surely not play. Never do deleting of files with codecs. You'll drive windows nuts.