[XviD-devel] Public release of the xvid vbr lib.

Edouard Gomez xvid-devel@xvid.org
Sat, 3 Aug 2002 18:55:24 +0200

Christoph Lampert (chl@math.uni-bonn.de) wrote:
> I am WHAT? I thought you took that job (which I never officially
> had) from me... and I was glad you did, because the module hated me
> anyway... it never did what I told it to do.

Well you were  the original author, and i am  the new maintainer... no
problem for me :-)

> No, no, when you find the time is ready, you can send the stuff to
> Thomas yourself, for including in the next pre-version of transcode.
> Many users, including me, will be happy to finally have a reliable
> and in particular _really_ GPLed two-pass module, because the old
> one was a relict of OpenDivX.

So, i'll send a patch set to include the new vbr and the config parser
as soon as i finnish binding  all paremeters in the xvidcvs module. Do
you think  it's a good idea to  include the config parser  in xvid and
xvidraw  or should we  allow only  the defaults  settings for  these 2
modules (targeted for a lambda user) ?

> Btw.  we  should finally  replace  the old  snapshot  of  XviD on  the
> homepage by a newer version. Then  we could drop the old "xvid" export
> module and make xvidcvs the new xvid.

I agree, this is too much time since the last snapshot.

--
Edouard Gomez