[XviD-devel] Public release of the xvid vbr lib.

Michael Militzer xvid-devel@xvid.org
Sat, 10 Aug 2002 14:34:59 +0200

Hi,

I have to admit that I didn't have a closer look at the new lib yet, but I'd
like to see the lib (maybe in a little bit modified form) included into the
core lib. The 1pass ratecontrol code is already part of the core and since
the 2pass code is nothing else than a ratecontrol mechanism too, I'd like to
create a "ratecontrol" subdirectory in the core struct and put everything
there.

It would be logical to put all the different ratecontrol code together in
one place and it would make the code easily available on all supported
platforms or encoding frontends...

Also, I ask myself if it wouldn't be a good idea to upload the different
import modules we've written so far to our cvs server as well. As far as I
know there is a transcode module, a mencoder module and some support code
for mplayer and xine. I think it would be easier to maintain this code (API
changes etc), if the whole code would be on our cvs server - what do you
think?

bye
Michael