[XviD-devel] improving data flow during interpolation

Christoph Lampert xvid-devel@xvid.org
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 13:47:16 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 16 Aug 2002, Michael Militzer wrote:

> > the current bframe decoding code is wasteful; there's individual functions
> > for the different bframe modes. these can be replaced by simply modifying
> > the existing mb_inter function to accept 2 vectors: eg.

I have nothing against it, except that it'll be (very very
sligthly) slower for Pframes, because of extra argument passing and the
functions will be more difficult to understand for first time readers...

If we don't care about that stuff, we can combine other functions, too,
e.g. new MBTransQuantInterBVOP which is MBTransQuantInter, if you skip
iDCT, deQuant etc.

Christoph H. Lampert chl@math,uni-bonn,de | Diese Signature wurde maschi-
Beringstr. 6, Raum 14 Tel. (0228) 73-2948 | nell erstellt und bedarf
Sprechstunden: keine, aber meistens da    | keiner Unterschrift. AZ 27B-6