[XviD-devel] scene change detecting in Bframes mode

Christoph Lampert xvid-devel@xvid.org
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 11:10:42 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 19 Aug 2002, Marc FD wrote:
> ok :)
> i'll code image_ssd, image_cmad and maybe and take a look to vdub's &
> nandub's (alt) detection ...
>
> @gruel
> do you think you'll use interpolate48x48 a day ?? because it's a (little)
> buggy and i think having it in the CVS could
> help me to debug it, so you would not have any problems when you will really
> need it :)

No, I don't use it at the moment, because we solved the problem of
DirectSearch differently. A rewritten ME is soon to be uploaded, so
for the moment, don't please don't spend any time on interpolate48x48 at
the moment.
A _hyperfast_ PSNR routine (including MMXed/SSE/SSE2 image_mad) would
be more useful at the moment, I think.

Christoph H. Lampert chl@math,uni-bonn,de | Diese Signature wurde maschi-
Beringstr. 6, Raum 14 Tel. (0228) 73-2948 | nell erstellt und bedarf
Sprechstunden: keine, aber meistens da    | keiner Unterschrift. AZ 27B-6