[XviD-devel] [BUG] Stable - Fix probably needed in unstable too

Marco Al xvid-devel@xvid.org
Sun, 22 Dec 2002 20:28:47 +0100

Jim Hauxwell wrote:

> It's a shame, that you replied now as the code is on my work machine and I
> finished until Jan 6th.
>
> I'll be able to re-write it at home, but it's not a cut and paste job that I
> would have hoped to do.  What I'll do is take one of the shorter tables and
> the principle is identical across them all.

Skal's coefficient coding can be made branchless too by using conditional
assignment (will have to be done in assembly for those not using the intel
compiler) to select between a code from lookup and a FLC code ... would your
solution be faster? For encoding it seems hard to beat, with the small 2*64*64
entry tables lookup should be fast and FLC coding should take about as much time
time as a single BSR instruction.

Marco