Re[2]: [XviD-devel] qpel+bframes

Radek 'sysKin' Czyz xvid-devel@xvid.org
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 21:01:34 +1030

Hi,

I found a quite serious error in direct and interpolate ME... sorry. I
was interpolating forward and backward data to the same point of
memory (RefQ) and then did sadbi with them... ouch!

I'm going to commit the fix now.

However, it changes nothing in non-qpel mode. Can you explain me more
about the trails? How about a screenshot? I was looking for them and
found nothing. All I noticed is that direct mode (especially skip
mode) is blurry, which is no surprise.

However, maybe you know why qpel picture is so noisy? It might be the
lack of interpolated halfpel (which blurred everything)... I don't
know.

Now, for my next fix: why we have no MPEG-type quantisation with
bframes? Is it something easy to fix, or maybe the whole thing is more
complicated?

Ah, as for interpolate mode - I like it, because it updates both
forward and backward vector. Maybe I should like it less in the last
column of macroblocks? That's an idea.

OK, I'm committing the code
Bye,
Radek