[XviD-devel] New Motion Estimation (from sysKin) committed to branch

Dirk Knop xvid-devel@xvid.org
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 19:02:28 +0200

Michael Niedermayer wrote:

>Hi
>
>On Wednesday 25 September 2002 16:27, Radoslaw 'sysKin' Czyz wrote:
>[...]
>

>>Ah, and one more thing. I don't have much (any?) reports telling if
>>B-frames work or not. Edouard Gomez seems to have HUGE problems with
>>it, but I don't know why.
>>@Koepi - please tell me if the file you've encoded decodes fine with
>>xvid (by Vdub). That's important because both ffdshow and divx5
>>decoders have problems with variable number of Bframes.
>>

>does ffmpeg/mplayer have problems too?
>if yes or dunno than it would be nice if someone could provide a short file
>which shows these problems
>
>btw, ffmpeg shouldnt have a problem with variable number of b frames

Ooops, I must have missed that part in the posts...

Well, I deleted that movie immediatly after testing it's not working for
me - I just tried media player, direct XviD (nic's ax), ffdshow using
xvid.dll and plain ffdshow (->ffmpeg).
the last version showed these misplaces MBs. I'`ll retest that later,
but unfortunately I'm in an encoding session right now which will last
~16 hours from now if I don't go to beed too early to start the second
pass ;)

I'll report back then.

Regards,
Dirk