[XviD-devel] Dshow PP Decoder Crash

Radek Czyz syskin at ihug.com.au
Sat Dec 13 23:05:17 CET 2003

Heya,

Michael Militzer wrote:

> hm, well dshow + PP works for me but this doesn't say much. However could
> you provide some more information? Otherwise I have no chance to reproduce
> the problem. What is the error message you get when it's crashing? Which
> colorspace do you use? What kind of CPU do you have? etc.

 From Koepi:

[...] can you write that postprocessing in dshow crashes with current
bitstreams, but old bitstreams are decoded correctly?
i took a file i did some months ago, decoded fine - all recent encodes
(dev-api-4) crash postprocessing/dshow

[/Koepi]

Maybe this *very strange* observation will help us discover why new
streams are not decodable by this standalone (I forgot the name).

Anyway, I'll probably make a debug build and check what's going on in a
few minutes.

Radek