[XviD-devel] XVID 1.0 + c't

suxen_drol suxen_drol at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 21 15:23:09 CET 2003

On Thu, 20 Mar 2003 18:21:50 +0100 (CET) Christoph Lampert <chl at math.uni-bonn.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> what are our plans for the next release? Should we wait for API-4 to be
> finished? Or release API-3 when advanced simple profile is stable (I guess
> 3-warppoint GMC is the only "real" missing feature? I'll take care of that
> in April) so people don't have to use "unstable" versions all the time.
> Then we would work on dev-api-4 until it's perfect and "silently" move
> over?

ed and i were discussing this.
the current core is reasonably stable. bframes are not perfect though.
we could possibly release a "0.10.0"

apart from 3-warpoints, dev-api-4 requires rate control, further testing
and final api stabilization. id like to see the gui reorganised (if your
reading mf: that tab stuff is almost ready..)

iam not doin much this weekend, and plan to work on testing an
intergrating the latest version of ed's xvidrc tarball.

> gruel
>
> P.S. "The" german computer magazin c't is working on a codec
> comparisson including XviD. Is there anything they should know about
> XviD for Windows from current CVS? Anything unstable, or bad? Any
> undocumented particularly good settings?

bframes rate control is far from perfect.
gui is pretty cluttered

-- pete; life is like a box of ammo