[XviD-devel] [CVS commit] dev-api-4: New 2pass2 data field to specify container overhead

elcabesa elcabesa at inwind.it
Sun May 25 14:43:47 CEST 2003

On Friday 23 May 2003 01:16, Edouard Gomez wrote:
> Ok last patch for  today. Just for the curious people, i  have a >= 32kB
> changelog for dev-api-4... and this  represents lot and lot of bytes for
> the cvs_head -> dev-api-4 patch. If the server was not so "pipe broken",
> i could output some stats (just for fun).
>
> 2003-05-22 GMT	Edouard Gomez <ed.gomez at free.fr>	patch-58

>     Revision:
>       xvidcore--devapi4--1.0--patch-58
>
>     In my previous patches, i disabled container format overhead
> compensation because xvidcore can be used for other things than AVI.
> However this compensation is usefull, so it's back with its own structure
> field that specifies how much bytes the container uses for a frame (average
> value).
>
>     We can now do some direct ogm, matroska encodings without loosing a
> single byte... :-)
>
>     modified files:
>      src/plugins/plugin_2pass2.c src/xvid.h vfw/src/codec.c
>
> Good night folks, and have fun testing dev-api-4.

after your patch finally i was able  to have 2 pass working in my patch
thank you GomGom, and thank you for your patch for my mplayer patch.

what about new gmc code?? is it already in cvs ??
how should we wait of xvid 1.0?

and what will happen after 1.0 ?  mailing list title is h264 related.. is this
a xvid developers idea??

and now a question that doesn't concern xvid
does anyone know something about theora/vp3?? any links papers, algorithm or
diff between mpeg4??

byeee