[XviD-devel] Possible Bug, Strange Blocks

j_coleman at shaw.ca j_coleman at shaw.ca
Sun Sep 14 11:59:47 CEST 2003

Ok, I decided to ran a few tests yesterday with a build from yesterday.  I
did a checkout and built with ICL 7.0.  The file was encoded with
virtualdubmod 1.5.4 and the source was frameserved in with avisynth 2.5.2.
Here are the settings I used:
Quantization: H.263
Quarterpixel: On
VHQ: 1
Chroma Motion: On
Max I-frame: 240
Trellis Quantization: On
The problem file can be found here http://www.geocities.
com/bonzi5252/ProblemSample.avi basically, the entire thing was like this.  I
was using a build about a week before and this didn't occur.  Curiously, I
encoded it again with MPEG quantization and without trellis quantization and
it was fine.  After doing several more tests it seems like the problem is
occuring when H.263, VHQ, and Trellis Quantization are activated.