[XviD-devel] [ANNOUNCE] XviD 1.0.1 available

Alexei Khlebnikov a.khlebnikau at sam-solutions.net
Mon Jun 7 17:33:07 CEST 2004

On Mon,  7 Jun 2004 01:45:43 +0200
Michael Militzer <michael at xvid.org> wrote:

MM> This is XviD 1.0.1 bugfix release.
MM>
MM> * Debian dir
MM>  - removed from the release tarball in an effort to get the package
MM>    into SID as a non native package.

???
Why???
Nothing prevent Debian developer to make his own debian/ dir.

Look, Xiph's release tarballs contain debian/ dir, though their packages
are even in Woody. Lame's and MPlayer's tarballs contain debian/ as well.

Also, the way to Debian is obstacled with MPEG4 patents.
In the end, we have debian/ dir neither in original tarball, nor in Sid.
:((