[XviD-devel] question on dquant

Christoph Lampert chl at math.uni-bonn.de
Mon Mar 28 19:59:37 CEST 2005

For ratecontrol, you don't need to change the quantizer very often=20
per frame, if at all. And, inter4v is rather rarely the best mode,=20
usually, normal inter is better.=20

Both together should suffice to give you enough control over the=20
bitrate. If not, simply use less inter4v mode, it's always the encoder's=20
choice.

gruel

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005, ??? wrote:
> dear 14496-2 expert:
>=20
>     I find only When macro type is inter+q and intra+q can write dquant v=
alue in mpeg4 part 2 standard,so when macro type is inter4v can't write dqu=
ant value because have not inter4v+q macro mode ,that is to say when macro =
have four motion vector ,it can not change quant value. So I was question h=
ow can implement macro level rate control when a frame have a lot inter4v m=
acro? Have I misunderstood 14496-2 standard? But I find xvid write dquant a=
nd decode dquant as above. And H.264 can change quant even in 4=C3=974 bloc=
k .Can somebody answer my question?