[XviD-devel] msvc build environment [was: no subject]

pete pross at xvid.org
Tue Apr 10 13:07:45 CEST 2007

On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 18:52:39 +0100 "A AP" <snopa at freeuk.com> wrote:
> First of all, thanks PETE for your answer.
>
> ...but it doesn't work yet.

"yet" is the important modifier...

> I'm going to explain my msvc configuration:

ok.

>  - In the project->settings->link (Win32 Debug & Release):
>   "vfw32.lib winmm.lib xvidvfw.lib"
>
>  - In the Tools->Options->Directory (library files)
>   (The path where I have put the xvidvfw.lib file: "C:\XVID\lib")

the discussion earlier was about xvidcore.lib... are you sure you mean
xvidvfw.lib?

>  - In project->settings->post-link (Do you refer to "Post-build step"?)
>   (nothing)

i mentioned the post-build step, to address you concerns over the "Error
executing c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe" message. if you are creating your
own project, then the post-build step page will be empty.

>  - I've copy the xvidcore.dll file in my "MSVC_PATH\bin" directory
>
> ________________________________
>
> If I put the include "#include "xvid\encoder.h", appears the next message:
>
>  -----
> portab.h(93) : fatal error C1189: #error :  You are trying to compile XviD
> without defining address bus size.
>  -----

encoder.h is a header file used internally by xvidcore, and should not
be included in your program, as it depends portab among other things.
just #include xvid.h.

> ..I'm totally get lost

ok. i suggest you first have a look at examples/xvid_decraw.c and then
the try building the associated project (build/win32/xvid_decraw.dsp).
xvid_decraw demonstrates how to decode mpeg-4 bitstream using the
xvidcore library.

-- pete