[XviD-devel] Questions / Bug fixes / Patches

Michael Militzer michael at xvid.org
Tue Aug 24 01:02:27 CEST 2010

Hi Carl,

as said, the N_VOPs at frame_drop_ratio=0 are not frames that got actively
dropped (to reduce framerate or save bits). The N_VOPs are just written to
the bitstream because they are more efficient than P_VOPs with all MBs set
to skip mode.

When N_VOPs occur for frame_drop_ratio=0 then because two or more input
frames are basically identical. And using a N_VOP in such a case is not
against the semantics of the frame_drop_ratio feature I'd say. Hence,
let's leave this unchanged.

Your other proposed changes (new levels for VfW) have been applied to
the 1.3-dev tree of xvid. Thanks.

Best regards,
Michael